Update by user Jul 26, 2015

*not an update* Just a note to let all who read the original review: I have tried to upload the pictures that I refer to unsuccessfully. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. If anyone has a suggestion, please let me know.

Thanks

Original review posted by user Jul 25, 2015

I just purchased my K31 mini plus brewer in gray from Kohls, yesterday. I was aware of the recall, so I was prepared. As you see in the photos, there are three different serial numbers, with the topmost matching the serial on the unit itself. Of course, that one is not on the recalled list nor is the middle serial number. However the very first serial number sticker that was ever placed on the box is among the recalled. Also if you look at the serial on the unit, you may be able to see where there was a previous serial number sticker that was poorly removed before the placed the one that you see.

Consider that this was a $124 unit on sale for $79.00, it makes me wonder if Keurig was passing along a huge discount to Kohls to clear defective products off of their shelves.

When products are refurbished, consumers must be made aware. If that was their intention, then it should have been made clear. However, my gut tells me that Keurig just slapped on some new serial numbers, put them back in the boxes in hopes of them being purchased by unsuspecting consumers. I'm not one of them! I hope you aren't either. Please check the serials on the box and unit for comparison. Don't fall for the deceipt!!

Review about: Keurig K10 Mini Plus Brewing System.

I didn't like: Deceitful repackaging.

4.0
Ease of Use
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss lying to consumer, putting recalled products back on shelves / Not specified
Preferred solution Pull all recalled items off shelves, take the loss. People still love your product...don't screw them over. Give them a reason to be loyal.

Had an Experience with Keurig?

Comments

Atlanta, Georgia, United States #1310022

Omg! I didnt know they were boxed that way..upc matching serial number. One more proof my keurig was an already used item..i was injesting mold and bacteria from an extremely dirty machine that i thought was a new item!

Hi,

My name is Suzanne.I work for Keurig and saw your post.

First, I want to reassure you that we do not sell, nor do our retailers sell refurbished brewers. The serial number indicated on the brewer base is the actual serial number of your unit. There may have been a packaging error made during the process of ensuring any recall-affected brewers were removed from our retailer shelves. We'd very much like to talk with you about your experience.

If you'd be willing to do so, please reach me at pr@keurig.com.