Update added by user Jul 26, 2015
*not an update* Just a note to let all who read the original review: I have tried to upload the pictures that I refer to unsuccessfully. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. If anyone has a suggestion, please let me know.
Original review posted by user Jul 25, 2015
I just purchased my K31 mini plus brewer in gray from Kohls, yesterday. I was aware of the recall, so I was prepared. As you see in the photos, there are three different serial numbers, with the topmost matching the serial on the unit itself. Of course, that one is not on the recalled list nor is the middle serial number. However the very first serial number sticker that was ever placed on the box is among the recalled. Also if you look at the serial on the unit, you may be able to see where there was a previous serial number sticker that was poorly removed before the placed the one that you see.
Consider that this was a $124 unit on sale for $79.00, it makes me wonder if Keurig was passing along a huge discount to Kohls to clear defective products off of their shelves.
When products are refurbished, consumers must be made aware. If that was their intention, then it should have been made clear. However, my gut tells me that Keurig just slapped on some new serial numbers, put them back in the boxes in hopes of them being purchased by unsuspecting consumers. I'm not one of them! I hope you aren't either. Please check the serials on the box and unit for comparison. Don't fall for the deceipt!!
More Review Details
|Ease of Use|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Deceitful repackaging
- Reason of review:
- lying to consumer, putting recalled products back on shelves
- Preferred solution:
- Pull all recalled items off shelves, take the loss. People still love your product...don't screw them over. Give them a reason to be loyal.
- Product or service
- Keurig K10 Mini Plus Brewing System
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
You May Also Like
- "My boyfriend Bought me the 60inch element HD Tv this Feb 14 2015 for a Valentine's gift and it now has a bright long straight green line going from the..."
- "I bought an element TV 42" at target and two months after the TV started to turn off by itself every 5 minutes. I went to target and couldn't return..."
- "I bought a Clipacell for my cell phone at the Ohio State Fair from Tom Patterson, of Patterson Services, LLC. It was guaranteed for life, period. It broke in only..."
- "I ordered 4 pairs of shoes on October 17, 2014. The shoes arrived on November 7, 2014. They were exactly as I expected when buying from a chinese company -..."
- "This company has the worst return policy and the rudest customer service. They have the wrong part listed for a 1995 Jeep, send a part for a 2007 which..."
- "I purchased much. Latitude touring 102T 225 65R 17,a set of 4 from Mavis co. The date was 4/27/2012.When my NYS inspection was done today 6/10/2015 there was 25,681 miles..."
- "Stay far away from this low life company as possible. They delivered our entire belongings to a two small storage facility and never called us or notified us they were..."
- "I have had a terrible experience with light in the box! I paid (Oct. 12) for item with express expedited shipping (3-4 business days) (1-3 days for processing). I have..."
- "I went to arco store #42755 carwash twice and my car came out dirty both times. The cashier refuse to give me a refund and told me that..."