Keurig Repackaging Recalled Mini Plus Brewers with New Serial Numbers
Update added by user Jul 26, 2015
*not an update* Just a note to let all who read the original review: I have tried to upload the pictures that I refer to unsuccessfully. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. If anyone has a suggestion, please let me know.
Original review posted by user Jul 25, 2015
I just purchased my K31 mini plus brewer in gray from Kohls, yesterday. I was aware of the recall, so I was prepared. As you see in the photos, there are three different serial numbers, with the topmost matching the serial on the unit itself. Of course, that one is not on the recalled list nor is the middle serial number. However the very first serial number sticker that was ever placed on the box is among the recalled. Also if you look at the serial on the unit, you may be able to see where there was a previous serial number sticker that was poorly removed before the placed the one that you see.
Consider that this was a $124 unit on sale for $79.00, it makes me wonder if Keurig was passing along a huge discount to Kohls to clear defective products off of their shelves.
When products are refurbished, consumers must be made aware. If that was their intention, then it should have been made clear. However, my gut tells me that Keurig just slapped on some new serial numbers, put them back in the boxes in hopes of them being purchased by unsuspecting consumers. I'm not one of them! I hope you aren't either. Please check the serials on the box and unit for comparison. Don't fall for the deceipt!!
More Review Details
|Ease of Use|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Deceitful repackaging
- Reason of review:
- lying to consumer, putting recalled products back on shelves
- Preferred solution:
- Pull all recalled items off shelves, take the loss. People still love your product...don't screw them over. Give them a reason to be loyal.
- Product or service
- Keurig K10 Mini Plus Brewing System
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
You May Also Like
- "I had been purchasing a Redmi Note 3 from ezbuy Malaysia (65daigou); placing the order on 3rd Aug 2016 and receive the phone on 13rd Aug 2016. Upon the reception..."
- "I visited Big lot a week before Christmas, saw a nostalgic stereo system for $85.00. Left it and came back, asked if there were anymore, i was told only the..."
- "My husband and I had been researching fridges for the past several months, and last week came across an 'open box' Samsung at Best Buy that was within range of..."
- "I purchased much. Latitude touring 102T 225 65R 17,a set of 4 from Mavis co. The date was 4/27/2012.When my NYS inspection was done today 6/10/2015 there was 25,681 miles..."
- "Sold Item on eBay, it shipped in 2 packages, The item arrived and the battery arrived unfortunately 1 week later. The Buyer opened a case on eBay right away because..."
- "I bought this refrigerator after hurricane Sandy destroyed my home. Within 6 moths I began to notice rust like spots. I called then later I sent an e mail They..."
- "This is the worst place to go!!!! Employees are idiots or something!!! After making wait more than 5 minutes to take my order I ask for the mint chocolate swirl..."
- "On Nov 25 I tried to order a Waterville 2 times with no success Onthe 3rd try I had success. When I checked the order the at around 3:00pm on..."
- "I bought a dress worth £99 plus £21 for the delivery, it was never delivered and they just want to refund me 40 % of the dress value, when I..."