Keurig Repackaging Recalled Mini Plus Brewers with New Serial Numbers
Update added by user Jul 26, 2015
*not an update* Just a note to let all who read the original review: I have tried to upload the pictures that I refer to unsuccessfully. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. If anyone has a suggestion, please let me know.
Original review posted by user Jul 25, 2015
I just purchased my K31 mini plus brewer in gray from Kohls, yesterday. I was aware of the recall, so I was prepared. As you see in the photos, there are three different serial numbers, with the topmost matching the serial on the unit itself. Of course, that one is not on the recalled list nor is the middle serial number. However the very first serial number sticker that was ever placed on the box is among the recalled. Also if you look at the serial on the unit, you may be able to see where there was a previous serial number sticker that was poorly removed before the placed the one that you see.
Consider that this was a $124 unit on sale for $79.00, it makes me wonder if Keurig was passing along a huge discount to Kohls to clear defective products off of their shelves.
When products are refurbished, consumers must be made aware. If that was their intention, then it should have been made clear. However, my gut tells me that Keurig just slapped on some new serial numbers, put them back in the boxes in hopes of them being purchased by unsuspecting consumers. I'm not one of them! I hope you aren't either. Please check the serials on the box and unit for comparison. Don't fall for the deceipt!!
More Review Details
|Ease of Use|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Deceitful repackaging
- Reason of review:
- lying to consumer, putting recalled products back on shelves
- Preferred solution:
- Pull all recalled items off shelves, take the loss. People still love your product...don't screw them over. Give them a reason to be loyal.
- Product or service
- Keurig K10 Mini Plus Brewing System
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I got lured in to buying a tv here because of the price..i think we all do. Nowhere did it say they were re-sellers of refurbished product. I bought..."
- "I just found my receipt of purchase. Today is 12/28/2015. My television was purchased on 01/13/2013. It isn't 2 yrs old yet, Hisense says the television isn't covered because I..."
- "In October 2009 we decided to purchase a Maytag Bravos 850 series washer and dryer combo for approx. $1800. We figured investing in a "premium" set of appliances from..."
- "I purchased tickets online and I was unable to return the tickets 1 hour before the show started. The website had an error and it did not allow me to..."
- "Over the last three months my head has been left spinning trying to first inquire, then complain and finally to "educate" the people who answer the phone at Express Scripts...."
- "Bushnell, IL Dollar General is AWFUL! It is UNORGANIZED, FILTHY, and RUDE. This Dollar General is a disaster as soon as you enter the Store. There are CLUTTER all over,..."
- "I bought this refrigerator after hurricane Sandy destroyed my home. Within 6 moths I began to notice rust like spots. I called then later I sent an e mail They..."
- "This company has the worst return policy and the rudest customer service. They have the wrong part listed for a 1995 Jeep, send a part for a 2007 which..."
- "I ordered 4 pairs of shoes on October 17, 2014. The shoes arrived on November 7, 2014. They were exactly as I expected when buying from a chinese company -..."