Keurig Repackaging Recalled Mini Plus Brewers with New Serial Numbers

110 of 170 Keurig reviews

Update added by user Jul 26, 2015

*not an update* Just a note to let all who read the original review: I have tried to upload the pictures that I refer to unsuccessfully. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. If anyone has a suggestion, please let me know.

Thanks

Original review posted by user Jul 25, 2015

I just purchased my K31 mini plus brewer in gray from Kohls, yesterday. I was aware of the recall, so I was prepared. As you see in the photos, there are three different serial numbers, with the topmost matching the serial on the unit itself. Of course, that one is not on the recalled list nor is the middle serial number. However the very first serial number sticker that was ever placed on the box is among the recalled. Also if you look at the serial on the unit, you may be able to see where there was a previous serial number sticker that was poorly removed before the placed the one that you see.

Consider that this was a $124 unit on sale for $79.00, it makes me wonder if Keurig was passing along a huge discount to Kohls to clear defective products off of their shelves.

When products are refurbished, consumers must be made aware. If that was their intention, then it should have been made clear. However, my gut tells me that Keurig just slapped on some new serial numbers, put them back in the boxes in hopes of them being purchased by unsuspecting consumers. I'm not one of them! I hope you aren't either. Please check the serials on the box and unit for comparison. Don't fall for the deceipt!!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Ease of Use

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • Deceitful repackaging

Reason of review:
lying to consumer, putting recalled products back on shelves
Preferred solution:
Pull all recalled items off shelves, take the loss. People still love your product...don't screw them over. Give them a reason to be loyal.
Product or service
Keurig K10 Mini Plus Brewing System
Review category
Appliances and Electronics
review #671717 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Keurig? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
110 of 170 Keurig reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jul 29, 2015 #1013374

Hi,
My name is Suzanne. I work for Keurig and saw your post. First, I want to reassure you that we do not sell, nor do our retailers sell refurbished brewers. The serial number indicated on the brewer base is the actual serial number of your unit. There may have been a packaging error made during the process of ensuring any recall-affected brewers were removed from our retailer shelves. We'd very much like to talk with you about your experience. If you'd be willing to do so, please reach me at pr@keurig.com.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Keurig. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Keurig.
Filing a new complaint about
×