Keurig - Too much care and feeding effort for a troublesome product that has obviously been shortcutted by engineering
I am on the second unit and the clock still runs 5-6 minutes fast per day. Others on other forums are on their 4th or 5th return for the same issue. The Keurig customer servcice rep said that my clock issue was very rare. I told him to stop letting Keurig blow smoke up his...
The water pump labors and squeeks loudly, not like smooth running pump units of the past (they cheaped it!). When pump is running it emits RF interference evidence of cheap circuitry that makes the radio, even if on a different wall socket impossible to hear while coffee is brewing. The unit is huge for what it does, my wife hates it. It is less of an issue for me, but it is still not very elegant. It is dominant on the counter.
The K-cup lockout is of no issue since I figured a workaround (engineers can defeat engineers and surely dumbarsed marketing types and lawyers...). You think they'd have learned from Sony and the Beta max debacle and Blackberries' closed app system which let everyone else with open sourcing eat their lunch. These are idiots at Keurig who have only succeeded in pizzing folks like me off. Will I buy a Keurig again? NO EFFIN' WAY! There are many other better units out there. I may even go back to my many years old Cuisinart and use the Keurig for entertaining where folks might want their own brew of choice. They'll gush over it and then I'll tell them the story...
I can't use it to auto brew in the morning without resetting everyday. Six minutes early (at least it's not late!) on first day, then 12, then 18, then 10 days later an hour fast so the coffee in the cup is stone cold. Yeah I could use the carafe. But you get the point.
I do not feel like wasting more time with these people. The routine: Call them up, punch up menu, explain issue, give S/N, wait for new unit, yank K-cup holder out to disable older unit and then mail it back on my dime. Repeat.
Having worked in corporate, I can almost guarantee this unit was built under mandate by the beancounters and the profiteers and protested by the engineers who should damned well know better! This company is obviously not in it for the long haul. They sure aren't hauling me! KEURIG K-KUP KRAP!
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Defects in unit
- Redundant defects
- Cheap design execution
- K-cup security bs
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Preferred solution:
- UNIT THAT WORKS OUT OF THE BOX WITHOUT HAVING TO GET A 3RD ONE!
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Keurig Coffeemaker
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Hi I bought the car from Saxton and I have been ask if I want dvd headrest entertainment unit as is on offer normally is £2000 but we doing it..."
- "I went to quail springs mall with my mom to get her eyes checked and get some new glasses. We'll on the way to go look at frames I was..."
- "Have just spent 7mths renovating our house purchased a Miele clean steel dishwasher, this week my cabinet maker installed all our appliances that had been stored together hot plate, oven,..."
- "Nailed it. This is horrible when you get this I don't know what. ..."
- "I recieved a plant front Wayside Gardens and another supplier the same day. I ordered one from each because I didnt know what to expect. well, the wayside one came..."
- "I was forced to leave a Days Inn on 185 South 3rd Street in Easton PA 18042 on Saturday night at 11:15 pm by Bonnie, the Indian desk clerk who..."
- "We purchased a new zero water pitcher and filled once a day for 24 straight days using for our coffee. The 25th day i poured a glass of water..."
- "My son and family have a PMB box in this UPS store. For 3 years, my grandchildren NEVER get their cards I send to them. Gift cards, checks, once cash,..."
- "I bought a couch from the Gardner White on Hall Road on Friday, October 21st. I scheduled a 4pm-11pm delivery for today, October 25th, since it was the earliest they..."