Keurig - Too much care and feeding effort for a troublesome product that has obviously been shortcutted by engineering
I am on the second unit and the clock still runs 5-6 minutes fast per day. Others on other forums are on their 4th or 5th return for the same issue. The Keurig customer servcice rep said that my clock issue was very rare. I told him to stop letting Keurig blow smoke up his...
The water pump labors and squeeks loudly, not like smooth running pump units of the past (they cheaped it!). When pump is running it emits RF interference evidence of cheap circuitry that makes the radio, even if on a different wall socket impossible to hear while coffee is brewing. The unit is huge for what it does, my wife hates it. It is less of an issue for me, but it is still not very elegant. It is dominant on the counter.
The K-cup lockout is of no issue since I figured a workaround (engineers can defeat engineers and surely dumbarsed marketing types and lawyers...). You think they'd have learned from Sony and the Beta max debacle and Blackberries' closed app system which let everyone else with open sourcing eat their lunch. These are idiots at Keurig who have only succeeded in pizzing folks like me off. Will I buy a Keurig again? NO EFFIN' WAY! There are many other better units out there. I may even go back to my many years old Cuisinart and use the Keurig for entertaining where folks might want their own brew of choice. They'll gush over it and then I'll tell them the story...
I can't use it to auto brew in the morning without resetting everyday. Six minutes early (at least it's not late!) on first day, then 12, then 18, then 10 days later an hour fast so the coffee in the cup is stone cold. Yeah I could use the carafe. But you get the point.
I do not feel like wasting more time with these people. The routine: Call them up, punch up menu, explain issue, give S/N, wait for new unit, yank K-cup holder out to disable older unit and then mail it back on my dime. Repeat.
Having worked in corporate, I can almost guarantee this unit was built under mandate by the beancounters and the profiteers and protested by the engineers who should damned well know better! This company is obviously not in it for the long haul. They sure aren't hauling me! KEURIG K-KUP KRAP!
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Defects in unit
- Redundant defects
- Cheap design execution
- K-cup security bs
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Preferred solution:
- UNIT THAT WORKS OUT OF THE BOX WITHOUT HAVING TO GET A 3RD ONE!
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Keurig Coffeemaker
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "My Latest Experience with Sony Corporation of America Event # E58894537 Service Notification: 301547845 Order # 36065586 1. I own Sony’s Flagship SACD Player, the SCD-1, cost: $5,000.00. It should be mentioned, this player..."
- "Will not order from Office Depot again. Ordered a Danby washer on 20 March 2016 and arrived on 1 April 2016. Only after calling to find where my shipment was..."
- "14 months after purchasing my PIC units, one of them came totally apart. Customer service tells me "sorry it only comes with a 12 month warranty. Offered me a discount..."
- "They do not stand behind their products. Purchased chain saw it ran for less than 2 minutes and froze up and they said nothing they could do. DO NOT BUY..."
- "This JD Byriders company and CNAC is a rip off. I got my car from them August 2016. Went there and see if I get approved. So filled up an..."
- "Months of wasted time!!! I'm so pissed right now that I could spit nails. The launch of our new business has now been put on hold indefinitely due to the..."
- "...the box was soaking wet and the contents were eaten by squirrels,,,,this was the only gift i got for christmas and was ruined by a lazy driver.....thanks ups..."
- "I was forced to leave a Days Inn on 185 South 3rd Street in Easton PA 18042 on Saturday night at 11:15 pm by Bonnie, the Indian desk clerk who..."
- "Huge chunk of cheese flavoring..."